Topics on this Page (via the following click-links):
- Career Summary
- Books Published
- LOOKS: Why They Matter More Than You Ever Imagined
- Power and Paradox of Physical Attractiveness
- Why Physically Attractive People Are More Successful: The Scientific Explanation, Social Consequences and Ethical Problems
- Experiment Methodology in Marketing Research: Types and Applications
- Using Secondary Data in Marketing Research: United States and Worldwide
- The Physical Attractiveness Phenomena
- Large Markets, National USA & International
- Smaller Markets
- Articles Less Focused on Topic of Physical Attractiveness
- Large Markets, National USA & International
- Articles Less Focused on Topic of Physical Attractiveness
- Large Markets, National USA & International
- Smaller Markets
- National USA
- Items Focused on Topic of Physical Attractiveness
- Items Less Focused on Topic of Physical Attractiveness
- Share this:
- Like this:
Professional work specific to Physical Attractiveness Phenomenon
Gordon Patzer, Ph.D., provides insights and commentary about physical attractiveness (PA), particularly physical attractiveness phenomenon (PAP). He presents knowledge, facts, expertise, and analyses as a researcher, writer, speaker, scholar, and practitioner.
Publications range from scholarly or academic to mass media. Scholarly publications include:
- Books (six sole-authored books).
- Book Chapters (in books authored by others).
- Articles (in scholarly peer-refereed journals).
- Presentations (at professional research conferences).
- References (as cited by scholars in diverse fields).
Mass media interviews span large-small, national-international, and print-broadcast. These range from Associated Press wire stories to:
- Newspapers (USA west coast to east coast: Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, Washington Post, Crain’s New York Business, Boston Sunday Herald; Canada: Globe and Mail, Ottawa Citizen; Europe: La Razon in Spain, Scotsman in Scotland, Sunday Correspondent in England; Asia/India: Times of India, Hindustan Times; Korea, The Choseun Ilbo Daily News, South Pacific: Australia, The Sydney Morning Herald, New Zealand, Sunday Star-Times; etc.)
- Magazines (U.S. News & World Report, Entrepreneur, Investment News, ELLE, Self, Working Woman, Details, Cosmopolitan, Men’s Health, Women’s Health, Magazin Krstarice in Croatia, etc.)
- Radio (American NPR, South America Radio Ecuador, BBC Radio, Radio Netherlands Worldwide, Westwood One US network, individual stations across US, The O’Reilly Factor national syndicated program, etc.)
- Television (US primetime news Dateline NBC, morning talk-news The Today Show, UK Channel Four Equinox, US PBS Nova, Canada CBC The Journal, etc.)
- Films/Movies–Documentary (Sex, Lies and Toupee Tape. The Sculpture Diaries.)
- Internet and Podcasts (WebMD, CareerBuilder, MSNBC, CNN.com, MSN Money, Relationships for Life, Total Picture Radio, Smash the Ladder, etc. as well as thousands of citations on blogs national and international).
Concerning physical attractiveness, Dr. Patzer’s accomplishments include six (6) published books, more than twenty (20) articles published in scholarly peer-reviewed research journals, approximately ten (10) papers presented at professional peer-reviewed conferences along with publication in those conference proceedings, hundreds of citations as a reference by researchers published in scholarly journals, and hundreds of interview quotes published and broadcast in mass media. He has delivered presentations/speeches/lectures literally around the world, given interviews for television, radio, newspapers, and magazines that range from major national and international media to local small-market media, been recognized by professional peer researchers, and consulted for organizations concerning business strategies with national (US) and international implications. A former U.S. Fulbright Scholar awarded by the State Department of the United States State, he chaired a two-day international conference in Delhi, India, focused on his physical attractiveness phenomenon work. Currently he serves as Founding Director and CEO of the Appearance Research Institute (ARI) for Research, Advocacy and Assistance.
Professional Work beyond Physical Attractiveness Phenomenon
In addition to the above summary concerning physical attractiveness phenomenon, Gordon has succeeded in executive positions inside and outside of academia as presented below within the contents of this website page and as can be verified by Internet browser search (Google, Bing, etc.) of his name: Gordon Patzer. Employments also extend to consulting projects with for-profit companies and not-for-profit organizations, national and international, concerning business strategies and other matters related and unrelated to physical attractiveness phenomenon.
Inside academics, prior to his dean’s position at Roosevelt University in Chicago, California State University honored him with their lifetime title of Professor Emeritus upon completion of his service there as dean. Employment in university leadership positions span more than twenty (20) years: twelve (12) years as university dean and ten (10) years as a university department chair/head, along with progress up the traditional professorial ranks to tenured full professor. Degrees earned before those employments: Ph.D., MBA, MS, and BA. Furthermore, through a highly competitive process the U.S. Fulbright Scholar program awarded him opportunity to work and live six (6) months in India in 2008, where he aligned with the University of Delhi and organized/chaired a successful, two-day, international, scholarly, conference investigating physical attractiveness. Ongoing long-term academic involvements include service as an Editorial Board member for Business & Society, a scholarly journal.
Outside academics, positions have emphasized consumer behavior / audience behavior and marketing strategy for businesses and not-for-profit organizations. These include executive career-type positions in primetime programming at CBS Television Network, in the movie industry at NRG (world’s leading strategy, research, consulting firm in the movie industry, then-owned by Saatchi & Saatchi), and television news at Frank N. Magid Associates (leading strategy, research, consulting company for local television news across the US and around the world). Earlier, as an entrepreneur, he started, owned, and operated two small businesses: a talent booking agency and an employment agency. Additional past positions include service as a founding member of the Board of Directors for Telemarketing Visions Institute, Inc., a not-for-profit, tax-exempt corporation to train blind, visually impaired, and physically disabled persons, for employment.
For information beyond the book covers and titles summarized here, please see/click Books Published located as a main menu item on this website’s homepage. Also, for additional book information, including related purchase and product information, simply see/click Shop at Amazon.com! and enter the name “Gordon Patzer”
LOOKS: Why They Matter More Than You Ever Imagined
Power and Paradox of Physical Attractiveness
Why Physically Attractive People Are More Successful: The Scientific Explanation, Social Consequences and Ethical Problems
Experiment Methodology in Marketing Research: Types and Applications
Using Secondary Data in Marketing Research: United States and Worldwide
The Physical Attractiveness Phenomena
- In addition to the above books published, invited chapters written by Gordon Patzer and published in books comprised of different chapters written by different authors include:
Advances in Clinical Child Psychology, 11th Annual Volume: “Physical Attractiveness and Child Development” (Chapter 9)
Clinics in Dermatology, Androgenetic Alopecia: From Empiricism to Knowledge — “Psychologic and Sociologic Dimensions of Hair: An Aspect of The Physical Attractiveness Phenomenon” (Chapter 14)
In addition to all 50 states of the United States:
• Argentina • Armenia • Australia • Azerbaijan • Brazil • Canada (##) • China (##) • Czechoslovakia • England (##) • France (##) • Germany (##) • Guatemala • Hong Kong (6 mo. & ##) • India (6 mo. and ##) • Ireland (3 mo. & ##) • Italy (##) • Jamaica • Japan (##) • Jordan • Kazakhstan • Kuwait • Macau (##) • Mexico (##) • New Zealand • Nicaragua • Northern Ireland • Poland (##) • Russia • San Salvador • Scotland (##) • Switzerland (6 mo. & ##) • Thailand • Vietnam • Virgin Islands (St. Thomas, St. Croix) • Wales • • • • • (Footnote: ## indicates multiple visits)
- Ph.D. (Virginia Tech / Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University)
- M.B.A. (University of Minnesota, Minneapolis)
- M.S. in Psychology (Pittsburg State University, KS)
- B.A. in Psychology (Minnesota State University Moorhead)
(Footnote: For the primary research requirement for each above degree — Ph.D. dissertation, M.S. thesis, M.B.A. plan B thesis, B.A. senior project — Gordon investigated physical attractiveness phenomenon.)
Endorsements, via Testimonials
Two sub-subsections constitute this “Endorsements, via Testimonials” website section: First, “Abbreviated Comments with Abbreviated Credentials’ Information of Sources” and, then second, “Extended Comments with Extended Credentials’ Information of Sources.”
Endorsements, via Testimonials — Abbreviated Comments with Abbreviated Credentials’ Information of Sources
- “…Patzer’s work is interesting, fearless and even inspired. If a profound writer’s job is to comfort the afflicted while afflicting the comfortable, Patzer continues to pass this test.”
…….Michael Levine, Best selling author, media expert, publicist for top-level personalities.
- “…Patzer deepens our understanding of physical attractiveness phenomenon, [providing] extraordinary insight of the pervasive impact of this under appreciated force in business and social decision-making.”
…….Constantine W. Curris, Ed.D., President, American Association of State Colleges and Universities.
- “Becoming and remaining attractive to oneself and to others has become a preoccupation of millions of people from all walks of life…billions are spent on it…Dr. Gordon L. Patzer has spent a significant amount of time during his career to understand scientifically our preoccupation…”
… ..Kent B. Monroe, DBA, Distinguished Professor of Marketing Emeritus, University of Illinois, Urbana- Champaign, pricing consultant to business firms, governments, and the United Nations.
- “…in his new and exceptional volume, Dr. Gordon Patzer has thoughtfully garnered and detailed all the empirical evidence about what human appearance means in “the eyes of the beholder.” …sheds elucidating scientific light on the phenomenon…serious story that must be told and should be read.”
……Thomas F. Cash, Ph.D., Editor-in-Chief, Body Image: An International Journal of Research, Clinical and Research Psychologist.
- “…only broad-based multi-disciplinary summary of research on the meaning, measurement and impact of beauty in contemporary society…must-reading on how our looks affect our lives.”
……Daniel S. Hamermesh, Ph.D., Edward Everett Hale Centennial (Distinguished) Professor of Economics, University of Texas at Austin.
- “…Patzer has raised to a new level our understanding of the importance of physical appearance.”
……Anna Soo Wildermuth, Certified Image Master, President, Association of Image Consultants, International, CEO, Co-author, Unlocking the Secrets of Successful Women in Business.
- “Gordon Patzer…has ‘boldly gone where few (have had the courage) to have gone before’ and we owe him a debt of gratitude for bringing to light what has been, for most of us, a forbidden thought. It’s painful to learn the truth, but ultimately we are better off to know it. It is what it is.”
……Paul Uselding, Ph.D., among longest serving active university business deans in United States, Ph.D. in Economics from Northwestern University.
- “When Gordon Patzer speaks, it never fails to impact me in a way that I find somewhat of an ‘Aha!’ experience, a kind of ‘That’s sooooo true!’ feeling that gets deep to the core of human behavior.”
……Julie Kaneshiro-Sweeney, Former Marketing Director at Disney Home Video (CA), GUESS? Fashions (CA), and Nissin Foods (NJ), MBA from University of Chicago, 2 young children.
- “…elegantly blends scientific research and mass media examples to tell the captivating story of the role of physical appearance in daily life…”
……David B. Sarwer, Ph.D., Clinical Psychologist in Departments of Psychiatry and Surgery, Center for Human Appearance, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia.
- “Gordon Patzer has been a leading pioneer in the study of a field that has universal interest to all persons, whatever their education or status in society…certainly a pioneer who has contributed enormously toward understanding the crucial role of appearance in all human interactions.”
……Albert M. Kligman, M.D., Ph.D., Physician, Emeritus Professor of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, World-renowned expert on the aging of the skin, invented and patented Retin-A as a prescription cream to deal with wrinkles of the aging face and acne.
- “…leading expert and pioneer researcher on physical appearance phenomenon. If you have any questions about physical attractiveness, self-esteem or beauty, you must read this first-rate book.”
……Rosalene Glickman, Ph.D., Best-selling author, Optimal Thinking: How to Be Your Best Self.
- “…another robust work by Gordon Patzer…analysis and presentation are unparalleled…the right person at the right time to author the right book…one of the world’s leading experts…delivers a strong look into the dynamics of physical attractiveness between and within people.”
……Ronald E. Goldstein, D.D.S., Esthetic dentist practitioner renowned internationally, author of best selling book Change Your Smile read by more than one million people in six languages.
- “…bottom-line expert for decades on physical attractiveness…Dr. Patzer explains exactly how and why we all react in a predictable way to certain quantifiable visual criteria…“
……Cindy Jackson, Author of Cosmetic Surgery Secrets, known worldwide for her own many cosmetic surgeries to look more like the feminine ideal represented by the celebrated Barbie doll.
- “…latest summation…destined to become another cornerstone of knowledge and understanding.”
……Robert “Bobby” Ramirez, Author, independent scientific researcher concerning phenology.
- “…groundbreaking…Dr. Patzer, delved into motivations for the medical industry…good material.”
…….Allen Steadham, Director, International Size Acceptance Association.
- “…Dr. Patzer has been influential in the dental profession at helping it understand… Every medical/dental professional needs to understand the implications that Dr. Patzer relates…”
……Joseph Whitehouse, MS, DDS, President, World Congress of Minimally Invasive Dentistry.
- “As a physician…I experience daily the role and impact physical attractiveness has in the lives of men and women…Dr. Patzer has researched, analyzed, and articulated these matters…a must read.”
……Craig L. Ziering, DO, FAOCD, featured on the ABC Television program, Extreme Makeover.
- “Gordon Patzer reveals great insight into physical beauty being much more than surface looks…”
……James and Judy Clingman, The Pageant Agency, parents of 5 children including 10-year-old triplets.
Endorsements, via Testimonials — Extended Comments with Extended Credentials’ Information of Sources
- “Gordon Patzer makes me think. This is a high compliment in a world of vapid sound bites and meaningless clichés. Having written a cover story on the subject of beauty for Psychology Today, I feel qualified to say that Patzer’s work is interesting, fearless and even inspired. If a profound writer’s job is to comfort the afflicted while afflicting the comfortable, Patzer continues to pass this test.”
- Michael Levine
Best selling author and media expert.
.. …Clients represented by Mr. Levine’s public relations campaigns include some of the most well known persons and companies accompanied by endorsements listed on his firm’s website that range from the highest positions in government that include a recent USA president, current and recent USA senators, New York and Los Angeles mayors, to corporate CEOs, to authors and professional speakers, to super stars in television, movies and music, to humanitarians of the greatest reputations.
.. …Following text excerpted from the LCO company website, 1/15/06 by Gordon Patzer: [ With more than 20 years experience and having represented some of modern society’s biggest names and companies, Michael Levine is the founder of LCO – Levine Communications Office. As the author of 16 books, including Guerrilla PR – considered the most widely used introduction to Public Relations in the world – Levine is an industry expert who is frequently called upon by national media to provide PR insight into topical news and events.
. ..Michael Levine – LCO has developed hundreds of respected and prized PR campaigns and secured national and international results in virtually all major media outlets, including CNN, The Today Show, MSNBC, Entertainment Tonight, BBC, The New York Times, The London Daily Telegraph, The LA Times, Newsweek, Time, Rolling Stone, MTV and Vanity Fair. From its flagship office in Los Angeles, and affiliates in New York and London, LCO works with clients on both national and global campaigns… His clients have run from movie & TV stars, to sports heroes, to music figures, comics, producers and multi-national corporations. When not in the office, Levine can be found speaking at national conferences, and conducting philanthropic work for the community of Los Angeles. ]
…. .[ Called by USA Today, “one of Hollywood’s brightest and most respected executives,” Levine has been responsible for public relations campaigns for, among others, Barbara Streisand, Charlton Heston, Linda Evans, Evans, Jon Voight, David Bowie, Fleetwood Mac, Prince, Kareem Adbul-Jabbar, Nancy Kerrigan, Cameron Diaz, Ozzy Osbourne, Michael Jackson, Bill O’Reilly, Suzanne Somers, Demi Moore, Michael J. Fox, Nike, Sharp, and Pizza Hut. ]
… ..[ (Supportive statements/endorsements about Mr. Levine on the company website include): New York City Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, former President Bill Clinton, former Senator Bob Dole, Senator Dianne Feinstein, David Geffen, Kathy Lee Gifford, former Los Angeles Mayor James K. Hahn, Senator Joseph I. Lieberman, Senator John McCain, Thomas S. Monaghan, Founder of Domino’s Pizza, author and professional speaker Tom Peters, Mother Theresa, (and so forth…) ]
… ..[ Michael Levine is one of the best known names in the field of public relations. Referred to as the “Michael Jordan of Entertainment PR” by the late Steve Allen, he has made his mark on the public relations world through his books, television appearances, and most of all through his extensive history of servicing the biggest names in Hollywood and the world. ]
- “…Gordon Patzer deepens our understanding of the physical attractiveness phenomenon. His scholarly focus on physical attractiveness, now extending for over three decades, represents extraordinary insight of the pervasive impact of this underappreciated force in business and social decision-making. Given the remarkable changes in both the gender and ethnic composition of the international workforce in the expanding global economy, the relevance of Dr. Patzer’s research gains new currency.”
- Constantine W. Curris, Ed.D.
President, American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU) Washington, D.C.
…….A national leader in higher education, Dr. Curris, as AASCU president since 1999, is responsible to advocate for more than 15 million students and for more than three-quarter million faculty and staff in the more than 400 state colleges and universities that are members of AASCU.
- “Becoming and remaining attractive to oneself and to others has become a preoccupation of millions of people from all walks of life – young and old, male and female. Moreover, catering to or creating the desire to be attractive is an extraordinarily big business across multiple industries. Yet despite this growing fascination with physical attractiveness and the billions of money that are spent on it, we know precious little about the phenomenon.
- Dr. Gordon L. Patzer has spent a significant amount of time during his career tracking research and developments in the scientific efforts to understand our preoccupation with physical attractiveness. These efforts have come together in the compilation of information from a wide range of sources published in the book. This book documents how widespread this phenomenon is and the vast amount of economic resources that are devoted to physical attractiveness by individuals and by our societies. It is fascinating reading as it draws on research in psychology and sociology along with a myriad of real stories about the effect this phenomenon has on people’s lives.”
- Kent B Monroe, DBA
(DBA – Doctor of Business Administration, University of Illinois). Distinguished Professor of Marketing Emeritus, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL. Distinguished Visiting Scholar, University of Richmond, Richmond, VA. Former, J. M. Jones Distinguished Professor of Marketing. University of Illinois, 1991-2005.
- Honors and Awards: American Marketing Association/Irwin/McGraw Hill Distinguished Marketing Educator, 2005.Recognized for contributions to pricing research, Fordham University Pricing Center, 2000. Pricer of the Year Award, Pricing Institute, 1999. Elected Fellow of the Decision Sciences Institute, 1991. Elected a Fellow of the Decision Sciences Institute, 1991.
- Academic Service: Editor, Pricing Strategy & Practice: An International Journal, 1993-2003. Editor, Journal of Consumer Rese, 1991 to 1993. Editorial board, Asian Journal of Marketing, 1992-2003; Journal of Consumer Psychology, 1993-2002; Journal of Consumer Research, 1984-2003; Journal of Marketing Research, 1979-2003; Monograph Series of the Journal of Consumer Research, 1999-2003. Journal of Pricing Management, 1989-1991.
- Active member of the American Marketing Association and the Association for Consumer Research, past director of the Association for Consumer Research, and past chairman of the Development of Marketing Thought Task Force of the American Marketing Association.
- Professorial Teaching and Research: Teaches courses and conducts research in pricing, marketing strategy, and marketing research. Research centers on the information value of price to buyers. Has been a pioneer in research on understanding how buyers perceive price information and form value judgments. His executive training programs on pricing strategy and tactics have been delivered on six continents. Has served as a consultant in these areas to business firms, governments, and the United Nations. Frequent presenter of papers at academic professional meetings in U.S. and around the world.
- “We human beings live inherently embodied lives. At a most basic level, our physical differences enable us to recognize one another. But the meaning of human appearance transcends simple recognition. Physical appearance conveys a wealth of implicit and explicit information about who we are or who we may be—our gender, age, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, personality characteristics, etc. Sometimes our appearance communicates important accuracies, yet often it is a prototypic image that other people perceive and respond to with untested assumptions.
- We are good looking so we must be good. We are fat, so we must be lazy or eat too much. We are tall so we must be skilled at basketball. We are short so we must feel inferior. We are muscular men so we must be masculine, assertive, dominant, or competitive. We are pretty women so we must be feminine and sexual. We have a “perfect face” or society’s ideal body, so surely we must also be perfect or ideal in other ways.
- Being physically attractive bestows benefits. Still, looking good isn’t always good. It can illicit envy or assumptions that a person is merely a sex object, or egotistical, or has received undue privilege because of their looks. Being biased by beauty isn’t just about men judging women. It isn’t a simplistic sexual phenomenon. Physical attractiveness colors our views of and reactions to people in most contexts of life. It permeates the media as well as everyday human relations. Indeed, physical attractiveness can reflexively shape our perceptions and beliefs and reactions vis–vis others in ways that are not always immediately conscious to us.
- Some of our social assumptions about people based on their looks are largely “wired in” and universal, and other assumptions are more culturally taught. Regardless of the origin of these phenomena surrounding physical attractiveness, appearance undoubtedly matters. And it matters in ways that are both obvious and complex. Physical appearance significantly shapes our lives. So we act to try to control our appearance. We adorn ourselves with carefully selected clothing, try to alter our weight or muscularity, spend time and money to have the “right” hairstyle, or seek a surgical solution to be more physically attractive.
- Nearly twenty years ago, I articulated a distinction between the “inside” and “outside” perspectives on the study of human appearance. The “inside view” concerns “body image”—how our perceptions, beliefs, and feelings about our own looks affect our lives. The “outside view” pertains to how our physical appearance influences others’ perceptions, beliefs, and feelings about us. At about the same time, Dr. Gordon Patzer wrote his first book, The Physical Attractiveness Phenomena, to tell the fascinating story of this “outside view.” Now, in his new and exceptional volume, Dr. Gordon Patzer has thoughtfully garnered and detailed all the empirical evidence about what human appearance means in “the eyes of the beholder.”
- Dr. Patzer’s book is a well-written, compendium of contemporary knowledge about the personal and interpersonal implications of human physical attractiveness. For better or worse, these implications are considerable in every aspect of life for human beings across cultures and across the lifespan. The “beauty” of this volume is that it leaves few stones unturned and is grounded in both theory and scientific facts. While physical appearance is a powerful determinant of first impressions, its influences are neither simple and transient nor merely a matter of romantic attraction. Looks affect the lives of infants, children, adolescents, and adults of all ages. Both faces and bodies are important. Both culture and biology are important. Human appearance can alter interpersonal, educational, and occupational opportunities and can tip the scales of justice that is by no means blind.
- Dr. Patzer’s scholarly volume sheds elucidating scientific light on the phenomenon of physical attractiveness. We cannot escape the reality of our embodied lives nor the fact that our physical aesthetics shape our lives, in both profound and subtle ways. This is a serious story that must be told and should be read.”
- Thomas F. Cash, Ph.D.
Editor-in-Chief, Body Image: An International Journal of Research. Clinical and Research Psychologist, University (Distinguished) Professor. Department of Psychology, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia. Elected Fellow, American Psychological Society.
- Former Associate Editor, Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology. Former Consulting Editor responsibilities include International Journal of Eating Disorders, Journal of Applied Social Psychology, Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, and Psychological Assessment.
- [Note: The above text is from the book Foreword section written by Thomas F. Cash, Ph.D. for the book written by Gordon Patzer titled, Why Physically Attractive People Are More Successful: The Scientific Explanation, Social Consequences and Ethical Problems.]
- “[Patzer’s book is] The only broad-based multi-disciplinary summary of research on the meaning, measurement and impact of beauty in contemporary society. Covering psychological, sociological, political, medical and economic research, this volume [The Power and Paradox of Physical Attractiveness] is must-reading for anyone interested on how our looks affect our lives.”
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, Ph.D.
Edward Everett Hale Centennial (Distinguished) Professor of Economics University of Texas at Austin.
- Dr. Hamermesh earned his Ph.D. from Yale University, has published more than 80 refereed articles in scholarly journals, is a Fellow of the Econometric Society and the Society of Labor Economists, a Research Associate of the National Bureau of Economic Research, Program Director at the Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit (IZA), and Past President of the Society of Labor Economists. He has held visiting professorships at universities in North America, Europe, Australia and Asia, and lectured at universities in 43 states and 23 foreign countries.
- “Professor Patzer has raised to a new level our understanding of the importance that our culture places on physical appearance. The Power and Paradox of Physical Attractiveness is by far the most comprehensive and rigorously researched work on this subject I have found. There will be many opportunities for both the professional and the layman to apply its insights.”
- Anna Soo Wildermuth, AICI, CIM
Past President, Association of Image Consultants, International.
Certified Image Master.
CEO, Personal Images, Inc: Image and Communication Skills for Individuals and Corporations.
Co-author, Unlocking the Secrets of Successful Women in Business.
- “Gordon Patzer is one of a small group of academics who has ‘…boldly gone where few (have had the courage) to have gone before….’ Gordon has been conducting research and writing on the physical attractiveness phenomenon for almost 30 years, and we owe him a debt of gratitude for bringing to light what has been, for most of us, a forbidden thought. The very idea that the world isn’t fair, and that the accidents of birth and ‘position’ in the social hierarchy of our society runs counter to some of our most deeply held beliefs about the way the world works or ought to work. A colleague of mine used to say that one has to have the ‘…courage, pluck and fortitude to be born at the right time!’ To this one might add “….and have the ‘right’ parents.”
- We all know, at an intuitive level, that there are no homely movie stars, entertainers, and public figures; and that income and social power derive from these conditions. What is remarkable about Patzer’s work is the documentation of the pervasiveness of the physical attractiveness phenomenon…this phenomenon ramifies into every aspect of the human condition. So we’ve learned that life isn’t fair just as earlier we learned to abandon our beliefs in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. It’s painful to learn the truth, but ultimately we are better off to know it. It is what it is.
- Patzer is not content to simply document and scientifically demonstrate the physical attractiveness phenomenon, he has the courage to offer suggestions and policy prescriptions that flow from an ingrained notion of how a just and fair society organized on democratic principles should deal with it. This book is not for the faint of heart, or those who can’t deal with the discomfort of having their closely held (if largely unexamined) beliefs challenged by evidence.”
- Paul Uselding, Ph.D.
Dean, Elizabeth McDowell Lewis College of Business, Marshall University, West Virginia.
After twenty years as a university business college dean, Dr. Uselding is among the longest serving active university business school deans in the United States. Credited with leadership in his prior dean’s position for both reaffirmation of accreditation by Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and for attaining such initial accreditation by AACSB.
- With Ph.D. in Economics from Northwestern University, combined with a BS degree in Industrial Engineering from Northwestern University and MBA from Cornell University, Dr. Uselding has earned a national reputation in his field of economics and has accordingly served as editor of The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance.
- “When Gordon Patzer speaks, whether it be in a book, an article, a letter or TV appearance, it never fails to impact me in a way that I find somewhat of an ‘Aha!’ experience, a kind of ‘That’s sooooo true!’ feeling that gets deep to the core of human behavior. Often times, I read his findings with a deep disappointment of the human race. How superficial people are, how empty and misguided their views are! And, while I sit and digest what Dr. Patzer is so boldly stating, I feel uneasy because I realize that as a marketer and a mother, I am oftentimes guilty of these stereotypes and perceptions.
- Dr. Patzer has a way of breaking through the clutter of physical and non-physical perceptions and behaviors, leaving you with a clear understanding of the psychological and social implications of this truly fascinating phenomenon. In many ways, Dr. Patzer provides us with the world’s ultimate mirror to human behavior. Dare to look, you will be sure to be shocked and inspired.”
- Julie Kaneshiro-Sweeney
Former Director of Brand Marketing for GUESS?, Inc., Walt Disney Studios consumer products division, Universal Studios home video, and Nissin Foods USA, as well as former positions with Hakuhodo Advertising and Chiat/Day Advertising.
- Ms. Sweeney earned an MBA early in her career from The University of Chicago, and now lives in Los Angeles with her husband and two young children.
- “Gordon Patzer’s [book] elegantly blends scientific research and mass media examples to tell the captivating story of the role of physical appearance in daily life. Those who study the body and physical appearance, those who work in the beauty and mass media industries, and those with an interest in these issues will find value in this fascinating book.”
- David B. Sarwer, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist, Associate Professor of Psychology in Psychiatry, Departments of Psychiatry and Surgery.
- The Edwin and Fannie Gray Hall Center for Human Appearance. University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia. Director of Education at the Weight and Eating Disorders Program. Dr. Sarwer’s research interests focus on the assessment and treatment of extreme obesity. He is Principal or Co-Principal Investigator on four National Institute of Health (NIH) funded grants investigating the psychological aspects of bariatric surgery.
- Consultant to the Edwin Fannie Gray Hall Center for Human Appearance at the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center where he conducts research on the psychological aspects of cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. He has numerous publications in both areas of research.
- Clinically, Dr. Sarwer is actively involved in the Bariatric Surgery Program at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. He conducts behavioral/psychological evaluations of patients prior to surgery. He also treats individuals with eating or other psychological concerns after bariatric surgery.
- Dr. Sarwer provides psychotherapeutic treatment to persons who have body dysmorphic disorder or ther appearance concerns.
- Publications include: Sarwer DB, Thompson JK, Cash TF. Body image and obesity in adulthood. Psychiatric Clinics of North America, 2005, 28, 69-87. Sarwer DB, Wadden TA, Fabricatore AN. Psychosocial and behavioral aspects of bariatric surgery. Obesity Research, 2005; 13, 639-648. Sarwer DB, Allison KC, Berkowitz RI Assessment and treatment of obesity in the primary care setting. In: LJ Haas (ed). Handbook of Primary-Care Psychology. Oxford University Press, 2004:435-453. Sarwer DB, Cohn N, Gibbons LM, Magee L, Crerand CE, Raper SE, Rosato EF, Williams NN, Wadden TA. Psychiatric diagnoses and psychiatric treatment among bariatric surgery candidates. Obesity Surgery. Sarwer DB, Pruzinsky T, Cash TF, Goldwyn RM, Persing JA, Whitaker LA (eds.) The Psychology of Reconstructive and Cosmetic Plastic Surgery: Clinical, Empirical, and Ethical Perspectives. Lippincott, Williams, & Wilkens, 2005.
- “Concerning physical attractiveness, Gordon Patzer has been a leading pioneer in the study of a field that has universal interest to all persons, whatever their education or status in society, who are concerned with social interactions among humans, from the cradle to the grave. His scholarly labors over four decades have shown that throughout history, in all cultures, races, and society, that the physically attractive have great advantages in the pursuit of success and happiness, contravening the myth that we judge people by their character and virtues.
- The subject has become much more important to our consciousness than in its early days. Tom Cash was certainly a pioneer, as was Gordon Patzer who has contributed enormously toward understanding the crucial role of appearance in all human interactions. This is no longer a subject dominated by the cosmetic industry, cosmetic dermatologists, or plastic surgeons. Evolutionary biology has also brought this subject to a new level of understanding.
- Concerning [Dr. Patzer’s latest book], politicians, regulators, business people, teachers, doctors, parents, students, in fact everyone, would be well advised to read this fascinating, illuminating account of the all powerful, often hidden influences of physical attractiveness on human interactions in all phases of life. If we aspire to achieve equality and fairness among the six-billon diverse people who inhabit the earth, we need to have a keener appreciation of the religious and social beliefs that impede this goal.
- Then, too, the population is aging rapidly. No one gets prettier or more beautiful with advancing aging, which negatively impacts on the quality of life. Society must muster all its forces to help older people to look their very best, according to the doctrine that ‘looking good is feeling better.’ ”
- Albert M. Kligman, M.D., Ph.D.
Physician, University of Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia. Emeritus Professor of Dermatology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. Recipient of many professional awards, he is widely known as an eminent scholar and articulate spokesperson for the scientific process.
- World-renowned expert on the aging of the skin, invented Retin-A and patented it first in 1967 as a prescription cream to deal with acne and patented it second in 1986 as a prescription cream to deal with wrinkles of the aging face.
- “In The Power and Paradox of Physical Attractiveness, Dr. Gordon Patzer reveals why beauty is more than skin deep. A leading expert and pioneer researcher on the physical appearance phenomenon, Dr. Patzer employs empirical data and powerful anecdotes to provide a fascinating reading experience.If you have any questions about physical attractiveness, self-esteem or beauty, you must read this first-rate book.”
- Rosalene Glickman, Ph.D.
Best-selling author, Optimal Thinking: How to Be Your Best Self. President of The World Academy of Personal Development Inc. located in Beverly Hills. Endorsements of her latest book include Stephan Covey (The 7 Habits of Highly Successful People) and Tom Peters (In Search of Excellence).
- “Gordon Patzer is the right person at the right time to author the right book. I have a library on books concerning physical appearance but none has captured the magnitude and importance of this subject as author Patzer has in this monumental contribution to the literature. He has dissected the subject as no one before him which makes this new work all the more valuable to academicians, the media, and the general public. Coming from an academic background, Patzer addresses the subject in a logical, but informative, and highly interesting manner.
- …draws from his previous and most informative work and includes virtually all the vast research that has been done over the past several decades. Author, lecturer, dean, television personality, world-traveler and expert on the appearance phenomenon, Gordon Patzer has lived it all and has become one of the world’s leading experts on physical appearance. If you are as fascinated as I am on the subject of self-esteem, beauty, and physical appearance, The Power and Paradox of Physical Attractiveness has to be on the top of your list to purchase, read, and reference.
- …delivers a strong look into the dynamics of physical attractiveness between and within people. It is another robust work by Gordon Patzer who has dedicated a key portion of his life to investigate, understand, and explain this subject matter of great significance in every person’s life.
- Dr. Patzer brings to this book the right combination of formal academic study, research insights, international travels, life experiences, and first-hand knowledge about diverse cultures. His analysis and presentation about physical attractiveness and its interconnected phenomenon are unparalleled. People from all walks in life throughout the world will find the result of his labors communicated in this latest book to be informative, interesting, and valuable to read. It is accordingly a book that researchers, scholars, speakers, and writers will reference for a very long time.”
- Ronald E. Goldstein, D.D.S.
Dentist practitioner renowned nationally and internationally for his practice, expertise, and contributions to esthetic dentistry.
- Dr. Goldstein’s best selling consumer book, Change Your Smile (1st, 2nd, 3rd editions) has been read by more than one million people and translated into at least six languages. Clinical Professor of Oral Rehabilitation at the Medical College of Georgia School of Dentistry, Adjunct Clinical Professor of Prosthodontics at Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine, visiting professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Imaging and Continuing Education at the University of Southern California School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, adjunct professor of Restorative Dentistry at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, and formerly a Special Lecturer in Esthetic Dentistry at Emory University School of Dentistry, Atlanta.
- Co-founder and past-president of the American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry, and past-president of Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity and the International Federation of Esthetic Dentistry.
- Fellow of the American College of Dentists, The International College of Dentists, and Honorable Fellow of the Georgia Dental Association.
- Elected to the National Academies of Practice as a Distinguished Practitioner, additional honors include the Charles L. Pincus Award for contributions to Esthetic Dentistry from the American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry, Outstanding Contribution to Cosmetic Dentistry Award from the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, and Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity’s most prestigious award for “meritorious contributions to dentistry and its allied sciences,” joining past recipients Albert Einstein and Jonas Salk. Former Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Esthetic Dentistry–the official publication of the American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry, European Academy of Esthetic Dentistry, Japan Academy of Esthetic Dentistry, and International Federation of Esthetic Dentistry. Author, Esthetics in Dentistry. Co-author of instructional works include Bleaching Teeth, Porcelain Laminate Veneers, Porcelain and Composite Inlays & Onlays, and Complete Dental Bleaching.
- “Gordon Patzer has been the “bottom-line” expert on the subject of physical attractiveness for decades. His pioneering research in the field has been well tested and respected in the world of academia, and now, through The Power and Paradox of Physical Attractiveness, his knowledge and expertise are revealed to the much larger world.
- Despite ignorant platitudes regularly offered up by the politically correct brigade, our society continues to be captivated by supermodels, complete makeovers, and beautiful celebrities. Dr. Patzer explains exactly how and why we all react in a predictable way to certain quantifiable visual criteria. As someone who has lived on both sides of the equation, I have personally experienced the very power and paradox of which he writes. This book is essential reading for everyone who wishes to gain a truer and more comprehensive understanding of human nature and the world in which we live.”
- Cindy Jackson
Author of Cosmetic Surgery Secrets and her autobiography Living Doll, founder of the Cosmetic Surgery Network., and frequently sought for her related experiences and expertise. Born in the United States, long-time London resident, and known worldwide for her many cosmetic surgeries to look more like the feminine ideal represented by the celebrated Barbie.
- “I have been involved in related study since 1983 and I applaud Dr. Patzer as the globally recognized authority on physical attractiveness. He has accumulated vast experience and esteem as an analyst, expert, and proponent about this most specialized science and its pervasive presence. His accomplishments include formulating the systems for this potent, psychological and sociological phenomenon. His latest scholarly summation communicated in The Power and Paradox of Physical Attractiveness is destined to become another cornerstone of knowledge and understanding.”
- Robert “Bobby” Ramirez
Author, Independent Scientific Researcher concerning Phenology, Alpha-Numerical Phenometrics, and The Primordial Defensive System.
- “I am pleased to see the research in which the author of this groundbreaking book, Dr. Patzer, delved into the motivations for the medical industry to be influenced by the Physical Attractiveness Phenomenon. This is good material.”
- Allen Steadham
Director, International Size Acceptance Association.
- Following text excerpted from the ISAA organization website, 1/15/06 by Gordon Patzer: [ The mission of the International Size Acceptance Association (ISAA) is to promote size acceptance and fight size discrimination throughout the world by means of advocacy and visible, lawful actions. ISAA’s primary purpose is to end the most common form of size discrimination and bigotry–that against fat children and adults; ISAA will strive to defend the human rights of members affected by other forms of size discrimination as well. ISAA defines size discrimination as any action which places people at a disadvantage simply because of their size. ISAA defines size acceptance as acceptance of self and others without regard to weight or body size. ]
- [ ISAA has branches across the United States, in Canada, Brazil, the United Kingdom, France, Australia and the Arab Nations. ISAA’s message of size acceptance–and Respect, Fitness, Health–reaches millions of people through radio, television, newspapers and even through film (in the DVD edition of the Oscar-nominated documentary Supersize Me). ]
- [ ISAA takes a no-nonsense, professional approach to helping save lives through educating the public about health and wellness for people of all sizes as well as the realities of weight-based discrimination and who gets hurt by it (everyone). ]
- [ ISAA [works] to help empower people to make decisions for themselves, armed with the necessary information to make educated choices concerning their health and their bodies, or those close to them.]
- “In his continuing effort to research and explain the phenomenon of physical attractiveness, Gordon Patzer now offers The Power and Paradox of Physical Attractiveness, a profound work that takes great pains to explain how the world looks at this issue. Having followed his work for 15 years, I can say that he has been influential in the dental profession at helping it understand the value of its part in enhancing physical attractiveness. Every medical/dental professional needs to understand the implications that Dr. Patzer relates in this book to better support their patients’ concerns, needs, and wants related to physical attractiveness.”
- Joseph Whitehouse, MS, DDS
Dentist practitioner in the San Francisco Bay area.
President, World Congress of Minimally Invasive Dentistry.
Founding member, World Congress of Micro Dentistry.
Professional affiliations include: American Dental Association, California Dental Association, Academy of General Dentistry, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, and International Congress of Oral Implantology.
- “As a physician with a medical specialty focused toward appearance, I experience daily the role and impact physical attractiveness has in the lives of men as well as women. Many factors influence or determine the physical attractiveness of a person, and both separately and collectively they cause significant psychological and sociological consequences. The thoroughness and precision with which Dr. Patzer has researched, analyzed, and articulated these matters make his scholarly book, The Power and Paradox of Physical Attractiveness, a “must read” for every person.”
- Craig L. Ziering, DO, FAOCD
DO – Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine.
FAOCD – Fellow American Osteopathic College of Dermatology.
Qualified medical doctor who is board certified by the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery and the American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology.
Regularly featured on the ABC Television Network program, Extreme Makeover.
- One of the leading and trusted authorities on hair transplantation and hair restoration, with name and reputation recognized throughout the world that attracts patients to his surgical centers centered in the Los Angeles and Las Vegas metropolitan areas.
- Serves on the advisory boards of both Merck and Pharmacia, maintains an active participation in research, and has been recognized for “Most Original New Idea” by the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery.
- Clinical Coordinator of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery Advanced Live Surgery Workshop and regularly lectures at both the International and European Societies for Hair Restoration Surgery.
- “A person’s physical attractiveness is an extremely important aspect in our society, often with unexpected, as well as expected, consequences. Within the pages of The Power and Paradox of Physical Attractiveness, Gordon Patzer reveals great insight into these consequences, their power, and their complicated dimensions. He also reveals that physical beauty is much more than the surface looks of a person. This book is truly a page-turner for everyone, ranging from academics to professionals to parents to people throughout the general public.”
- James and Judy Clingman
Directors of The Pageant Agency focused on state-level Miss USA and Miss Teen USA Pageants, which are part of the Miss Universe Pageant that is a partnership between NBC Television Network and Donald J. Trump.
- Under the Clingmans’ directorship of Iowa USA Pageants since 1989 and Wisconsin USA Pageants sine 2003, their representatives have included one national winner—Jamie Solinger—Miss Teen USA 1992 and numerous Top 10 national finalists for both Miss Teen USA and Miss USA.
- Judy is a special education teacher, Jim serves as a U.S. Postmaster, and they have five children including 10-year-old triplets.
- Go to Page Top
- Mass Media Publications (incomplete listing)
- Mass media in the form of print, broadcast, and online Internet have recognized the work and reputation of Dr. Patzer’s research, analysis, commentary, and publications concerning physical attractiveness phenomenon. These recognitions consist of interviews with him, quotes and citations of his work, and reviews of his books published. This “Mass Media Publications” website section (incomplete and needing update) is organized accordingly with sub-sections titled:
- Mass Media — Print, Newspapers
- Mass Media — Print, Magazines
- Mass Media — Broadcast, Radio
- Mass Media — Broadcast, Television
- Mass Media — Films/Movies (documentary type)
- Mass Media — Internet
- Mass Media — Print, Newspapers
- A representative sample (incomplete and needing update) of “Mass Media — Print, Newspapers” is organized into this sub-section as follows with the designations “Large Markets, National USA & International,” “Smaller Markets,” and “Articles Less Focused on Topic of Physical Attractiveness.”
Market City State (USA) or Country Publication Type of Publication Article Title Article Author
Large Markets, National USA & International
Chicago IL Chicago Tribune, article also syndicated Newspaper The politics of personality: So, what does likability really mean? Julie Keller, cultural critic, Pulitzer Prize winner Chicago IL RedEye Newspaper Jab market: Job seekers turn to cosmetic surgery for an edge Alexia Elejalde-Ruiz Chicago
IL Daily Herald Newspaper Lip service: The ‘stache struggles to make a comeback Jessica Young Chicago
IL Daily Herald Newspaper Going under the knife to move up the corporate ladder U.S. News and World Report Cincinnati OH The Enquirer Newspaper Despite denials, looks matter Anita Bruzzese, Gannett News Service Cincinnati OH The Enquirer Newspaper Good lookers hired first Andrea Kay, Gannett News Service Indianapolis IN Indianapolis Star Newspaper Career Tips: Anita Bruzzese Good-looking people have advantage at work Anita Bruzzese London England Sunday Correspondent Newspaper Topic: PA of former British Prime Minister and PA of challenger. Title will be located Author name will be located Long Beach CA Long Beach Press Telegram Newspaper Beauty’s in eye of the hiring boss Dawn Anfuso Los Angeles CA Daily Breeze Newspaper Beauty’s in eye of the hiring boss
Dawn Anfusor Los Angeles CA Los Angeles Times Newspaper The Professor Who Wears Two Hats Author name will be located National Canada Financial Post,Toronto (headquarters) Newspaper, specialized business A beautiful obsession: Looks count, from health care to business Araminta Wordsworth National Canada The Globe and Mail, Toronto (headquarters) Newspaper Work & Money: Survival of the hottest (advantages of physical attractiveness for better jobs and better pay) Dave McGinn National India Hindustan Times, Delhi/New Delhi (headquarters) Newspaper The way you look matters Swaha Sahoo National India The Times of India, Delhi/New Delhi (headquarters) Newspaper A thing of beauty is still a joy forever Pallavi Srivastava National New Zealand The Sunday Star-Times, Auckland (headquarters) Newspaper Show Biz: The Ugly Truth (The Susan Boyle phenomenon…) Pepperell Susan National Scotland The Scotsman Newspaper Everyone loves a pretty face Richard Sadler National Spain La Razon Newspaper La revolución feosexual: ¡Que se mueran los guapos! Gonzalo Suarez National USA AP Wire Story (Associated Press), New York City (headquarters) Newspaper news source service Topic: AP Wire story about PAP research by Gordon Patzer. Title will be located Author name will be located National USA AP Wire Story (Associated Press), New York City (headquarters) Newspaper news source service Topic: AP Wire Story about Appearance Research Institute and Gordon Patzer as Director. Title will be located Author name will be located New York City NY Metro: The World’s Largest Global Newspaper Newspaper Good looks lead to rosy outlook Llanor Alleyne Newark NJ The Star Ledger Newspaper Cosmetic surgery’s handsome rewards Lee E. Miller Ottawa Canada The Ottawa Citizen Newspaper The beautiful people: Should I hate Canada’s Playmate of the year? Or applaud her for using her beauty? Kelly Roesler Ottawa Canada The Ottawa Citizen Newspaper Kelly Roesler: Looks matter Kelly Roesler Ottawa Canada The Ottawa Citizen Newspaper Needle work: World’s top beauty gurus meet to talk shop about wrinkle fillers and fat zappers. Joanne Latimer Pittsburg PA Pittsburg Tribune-Review Newspaper Attractive job candidates skew the playing field Gannett News Service Riverside CA The Press-Enterprise Newspaper Good looks academic to success. Andy McCue Sacramento CA The Sacramento Bee Newspaper Some new titles Why They Matter More… Allen Pierleoni Salt Lake City UT The Salt Lake Tribune Newspaper On the Job: Like it or not, looks matter in business world Anita Bruzzese San Bernardino CA San BernardinoCounty Sun Newspaper Cal State business dean is expert on future Dateline segment Jim Steinberg, Business Editor Seattle WA The Seattle Times Newspaper Mustache backlash just keeps on growing Jonathan Drew, The Associated Press Seattle WA Seattle Weekly Newspaper Am I Too Beautiful to Be Loved Judy McGuire Shreveport LA The Times Newspaper At Work: Taller, more attractive workers have edge Andrea Kay Tucson AZ Tucson Citizen Newspaper Attractive workers get better jobs, higher pay Anita Bruzzese, Gannett News Service Washington DC The Washington Post Newspaper Working: So Much for Top Dogs Vickie Elmer Washington DC The Washington Post Newspaper Sitting Pretty; The Face. The Hair. The Voice. And, Oh Yes, the News Henry Allen
Bend OR Bend Weekly Newspaper Height plus good looks equals bigger paycheck Michael Kinsman Cedar Rapids IA The Gazette Newspaper Topic: Weight-PA discrimination. Title will be located Author name will be located Fargo ND The Forum Newspaper Beauty: Both ugly and pretty powerful Glenn Tornell Fontana CA Fontana Herald News Newspaper Pageant Judges Panel Author name will be located Madison WI DAA Live Wire State government publication Annual Diversity Awards & Truth about Most Qualified Staff writer Waterloo IA Waterloo Courier Newspaper Topic: PA, workplace, and casual dress. Title will be located Author name will be located Waterloo IA Waterloo Courier Newspaper Topic: PA of then presidential candidates Bill Clinton and George Bush. Title will be located Author name will be located Waterloo IA Waterloo Courier Newspaper Topic: Comprehensive overview of long-term PA research. Title will be located Author name will be located
Articles Less Focused on Topic of Physical Attractiveness
Chicago IL Crain’s Chicago Business Newspaper, specialized business Executive Education Staff writer Los Angeles CA Los Angeles Times Newspaper Capitalism Up Close (Professor Gordon L. Patzer speaking through a translator…official with the Russian Center of Plastic Eye Surgery in Moscow” Jonathan Peterson Los Angeles and New York City CA and NY The Hollywood Reporter Newspaper, entertainment business Topic: Gordon Patzer’s work. Title will be located Author name will be located Modesto CA Modesto Bee Newspaper Plunging economy presents opportunity Gordon Patzer
Riverside CA The Business Press Newspaper, business, weekly Gordon Patzer: Expert on good looks brings fresh face to Cal State San Bernardino business school Don Benson Riverside CA The Business Press Newspaper, business, weekly Leaders of Distinction Author name will be located Riverside CA The Business Press Newspaper, business, weekly Hitsgalore.com Adds Advisory Board Member Business Wire, Business Editors Riverside CA The Business Press Newspaper, business, weekly Stephen Covey Spells Out Principles for Effectiveness Management Randyl Drummer Riverside CA The Business Press Newspaper, business, weekly Inland Business Leaders Peer Into the Future to Spot 5-Year Trends Author name will be located Riverside CA The Business Press Newspaper Think Tank in San Bernardino, Calif. Adam Eventov San Bernardino CA San Bernardino Country Sun Newspaper Don’t just weather the storm–capitalize on it! Gordon Patzer
San Bernardino CA San Bernardino Country Sun Newspaper Educational institutions play significant role Gordon Patzer
San Bernardino CA San Bernardino Country Sun Newspaper The Dean Means Business: Patzer has vision for Cal State Jim Steinberg, Business Editor San Bernardino CA San Bernardino Country Sun Newspaper Higher minimum wage approved Author name will be located San Bernardino CA San Bernardino Country Sun Newspaper Donations help students track the stock market Author name will be located San Bernardino CA San Bernardino Country Sun Newspaper Thud! Market drops again Jim Steinberg, Business Editor San Bernardino CA San Bernardino Country Sun Newspaper Mideast, oil prices send stock market into dive Jim Steinberg, Business Editor
- Go to Page Top
- Mass Media — Print, Magazines
- The following sub-sections present a representative sample (incomplete and needing update) of “Mass Media — Print, Magazines” and is organized as designated “Large Markets, National USA & International” and “Articles Less Focused on Topic of Physical Attractiveness.”
Publication Article Title Article Author Type of Publication Market Country
Large Markets, National USA & International
Advertising Age Debate continues about Dover photos Staff writer Magazine, specialized business National USA Boston Sunday Herald Magazine Topic: Weight discrimination and PA. Title will be located. Author name will be located Magazine, Sunday newspaper supplement Boston, MA USA BusinessWeek Dr. Gordon Patzer: New Media and Young Kids “In Your Face, Featured Readers” Magazine National USA Cosmopolitan Magazine Hair that Says, Hire Me! Lisa Jones Magazine National USA Cosmopolitan Magazine Dating an in-demand dude: Snagging a hot boyfriend can be an ego boost, but some women who’ve been there say that it has downsides too Staff writer (Editorial Assistant: Victoria Lucia) Magazine Magazine USA Crain’s New York Business Working around the beauty myth Jim Pavia Magazine, specialized business Regional, New York City USA Details Are Dirty Guys the New Playboys? John Sellers Magazine National USA ELLE Magazine Topic: Overview of PAP research. Title will be located. Author name will be located Magazine National USA Entrepreneur Magazine Looking Good: Today, looks matter more… Are you and your staff facing the facts? Lindsay Holloway Magazine National USA Harper’s Bazaar Topic: Pursuit of sun and PA. Title will be located. Author name will be located Magazine National USA Inland Empire Looks Count: Our appearance affects us from birth to death, says Cal State dean Maria Morals Magazine, city/regional society, monthly Regional, Southern California USA Investment News Looks aren’t everything, but they help Jim Pavia Magazine, specialized business National USA Los Angeles Times Magazine Topic: Men, aging, and self-confidence. Title will be located. Author name will be located Magazine, Sunday newspaper supplement National USA Mademoiselle Magazine Topic: Value of beauty. Title will be located Author name will be located Magazine National USA Magazin Krstarice Izgledajte dobro, ose?ajte se dobro Ženski kutak Magazine National Croatia Marketing (“Canada’s Advertising Age”) Beauty is skin deep and much more Jo Marney Magazine, specialized business, monthly National Canada Marketing News Research Claims that Beauty is Wallet-Deep Gordon Patzer
Magazine, specialized business, monthly National USA Report on Business Magazine What we’re reading: Looks: Why They Matter More… Ted Mumford Magazine National Canada Science Letter News Rx: the world’s largest producer of weekly health information Look Slim in Summer Bikini Photos with New Retouching Service From PicWash.com Staff writer(s) Magazine International International SELF Magazine Topic: PAP. Title will be located. Author name will be located Magazine National USA The Week Pretty much! When an entire society is pressured to look good Litta Jacob, Lachmi Deb Roy Magazine National India U.S. News & World Report You’re Too Hot for This Job Liz Wolgemuth Magazine National USA U.S. News & World Report The 3 Best and Worst Cosmetic Surgeries for your Career Liz Wolgemuth Magazine National USA U.S. News & World Report How Plastic Surgery Can Boost Your Career Liz Wolgemuth Magazine National USA Update Image: Association of Image Consultants International The Appearance Phenomenon Gordon Patzer (author byline) Magazine International International Working Woman Topic: Women executives and PA. Title will be located. Author name will be located. Magazine National USA
Articles Less Focused on Topic of Physical Attractiveness
Ad L.A. The Right Stuff: Marketing Research in the Movie Industry Gordon Patzer (author byline) Magazine, advertising business, monthly Regional, Southern California USA Inland Empire Business Journal Where is the Inland Empire Economy Headed Staff writer Magazine, regional business, monthly Regional, Southern California USA Inland EmpireBusiness Journal New CSU San Bernardino Business Dean Brings Expertise, Energy & Vision Staff writer Magazine, regional business, monthly Regional, Southern California USA Inland Empire Magazine The Window Is Open: Mid-Year Economic Report Gordon Patzer (author byline) Magazine, city/regional society, monthly Regional, Southern California USA Roosevelt Review Dean Gordon Patzer: Reaching Out 24/7 Tom Karow Magazine National, Alumni & friends of university USA San Gabriel Business Press Where is the Inland Empire Economy Headed Staff writer Magazine, regional business, monthly Regional, Southern California USA
- Go to Page Top
- Mass Media — Broadcast, Radio
- This section presents a representative sample (incomplete and needing update) of “Mass Media — Broadcast, Radio” with items categorized as designated “Large Markets, National USA & International” and “Smaller Markets.”
|Market City||State (USA) or Country||Station||Format||Rank in Mkt||Program|
Large Markets, National USA & International
|Atlanta||GA||WSFH-FM||AC, Christian||#1||Kevin and Taylor|
|Cincinnati||OH||WLW-AM||News/Talk||#1||The Afternoon Now|
|Cincinnati||OH||WLW-AM||News/Talk||#1||Jim Scott Morning|
|Cincinnati||OH||WLW-AM||—||—||Mo Egger (afternoon)|
|Cincinnati||OH||WGRR-FM||Classic Hits||#1||Chris and Janeen|
|Cleveland||OH||WEOL-AM||News/Talk||#1||Les in the Morning|
|Cleveland||OH||WWWE||One-hour talk show|
|Dayton||OH||WHIO||One-hour talk show|
|Denver||CO||KOA-AM||News/Talk||#1||Colorado Morning News|
|Detroit||MI||WNIC-AM (also ran on all other Detroit Clear Channel stations)||AC||#1||The Breakfast Club|
|Grand Rapids||MI||WOOD-AM||News/Talk||#1||Morning News|
|Hartford||CT||WTIC-AM||News/Talk||#1||Ray and Diane|
|International||Ecuador||BBC Radio South America||Radio City in Ecuador||—||El Aquacate (The Avocado): What about Physical Attraction? Host: Ricardo Rivadeneira. BBC Entertainment Producer: Johanna Vique|
|International||Netherlands (also, worldwide)||Radio Netherlands Worldwide (RNW) – total weekly audience 50+ million people||News/Talk
(multilingual, 10 languages, global reach)
|—||The State We’re In: The right to make yourself beautiful, beauty’s double edge. Host: Jonathan Groubert. Producer: Dheera Sujan|
|Kansas City||MO||KMBZ-AM||News/Talk||#1||KC Morning News|
|Los Angeles||CA||KCSN-FM||Full Circle, 30-minute weekly||—||Dr. Joan Rosenberg, Dr. Erika Holiday|
|Memphis||TN||WXMX-FM||Rock||#1||Drake and Zeke|
|Minneapolis||MN||KSTP||One-hour talk show|
|National||USA||NPR, Washington DC (headquarters)(70+ radio stations||News/Talk||The State We’re In (full title, see Netherlands)|
|National||USA||Westwood One||News/Talk||—||America in the Morning|
|National||USA||WOR (NYC) originated and syndicated 425+ stations nationally||Talk||The O’Reilly Factor, with Bill O’Reilly|
|National||USA||Radio News Network, syndication||News/Talk||Interview about PA|
|Oklahoma City||OK||KTOK||One-hour talk show|
|Salt Lake City||UT||KSL||Ninety minute talk show|
|Seattle||WA||KQBZ 100.7||Robin & Maynard Show|
|St. Louis||MO||KMOX-AM||News/Talk||#1||Total Information|
|Vancouver||Canada||CKNW||News/Talk #1||Christy Clark Show (1-hour, afternoon)|
|Worldwide||Worldwide (see Netherlands)||Radio Netherlands Worldwide (RNW)||News/Talk (multilingual)||—||The State We’re In (full title, see Netherlands)|
|Ames||IA||WOI||One-half hour talk show|
|Flint||MI||WTAC||One-hour talk show|
- Go to Page Top
- Mass Media — Broadcast, Television
- Items presented in this “Mass Media — Broadcast, Television” website section (which is incomplete and needs updating) are organized as designated, “National USA” and “International.”
|Market||Country||Television Network||Program||Program Type|
|National||United States||NBC Television Network, New York||Dateline NBC – Gordon Patzer interviewed along with providing insight and commentary during 30-minute investigative news segment central to PAP.||Primetime TV news magazine|
|National||United States||NBC Television Network, New York||The Today Show on NBC – Gordon Patzer speaking about PAP. and American Federal Reserve Bank research.||Morning TV news/talk|
|National||United States||PBS Television, Arlington VA (headquarters)||PBS TV (USA) broadcast UK produced “Sex, Lies and Toupee Tape” on Nova program (350+ stations comprise PBS TV, total weekly audience 65+ million people).||News documentary|
|Regional, Southern California||USA||KCSB, San Bernardino, CA (headquarters)||Education Roundtable, that focused on securities investing and entrepreneurship.||News/Talk Discussion|
|International||United Kingdom||Channel Four Television, London||Equinox (UK) broadcast of film “The Sculpture Diaries.”||News documentary|
|International||United Kingdom||Channel Four Television, London||UK Channel Four broadcast of film “Sex, Lies and Toupee Tape” also broadcast in USA on PBS on Nova.||News documentary|
|International||Canada||CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corp.), Toronto||The Journal broadcast regarding “American Television Industry.”||News documentary|
- Go to Page Top
- Mass Media — Films/Movies (documentary type)
|Film||Film Type and Length||Producer||Production CompanyProgram Type|
|Sex, Lies and Toupee Tape||Documentary, 48min38 sec||Thelma Runsey, producer; Chris Haws, director, William Rushton, narrator||InCa Productions, London, for Channel Four UK with WGBH Boston.|
|The Sculpture Diaries||Documentary, 52min55sec||Waldemar Januszczak, director and presenter||ZCZ Films, London|
- Go to Page Top
- Mass Media — Internet
- Items presented in this “Mass Media — Internet” website section presents a representative sample (incomplete and needing update) of items organized as designated, “Items Focused on Topic of Physical Attractiveness” and “Items Less Focused on Topic of Physical Attractiveness.”
|Media Title||Article / Podcast Title||Article Author / Podcast Host||Type of Media||Country (primarily)|
Items Focused on Topic of Physical Attractiveness
|American Management Association, New York City (podcast.amanet.org/edgewise…)||Gordon Patzer on Why Looks Matter More Than You Think||Dave Summers||Podcast, 30 mins||USA|
|AOL.com/Jobs…||Do Pretty People Earn More?||Kate Lorenz, CareerBuilder.com Editor||Internet Series||USA|
|CareerBuilder||Looks Do Affect Your Career, AA, BA, MBA, and PA: Each Influence Career Success||Gordon Patzer||Internet Series carried on MSN homepage||USA|
|CareerBuilder.com||Do Pretty People Earn More?||Kate Lorenz||Internet Series carried on MSN homepage||USA|
|CNN.com||Do Pretty People Earn More?||Kate Lorenz, CareerBuilder.com Editor||Internet Series||USA|
|Entrepreneur.com/Top Shelf…||What’s Looks Go To Do With It||Diane K. Danielson||Internet blog-network||USA|
|HR Crossing (HRCrossing.com/Career Corner…)||Height Plus Good Looks Equals Bigger Paycheck||Michael Kinsman||Internet blog-network||USA|
|Know HR (KnowHR.com)||Looks: Why They Matter More Than You Imagined||Frank Roche||Internet blog-network||USA|
|Main Street (mainstreet.com)||Do Good Looks Guarantee Success||Laura Moran||Internet blog-network||USA|
|MedicineNet.com||Magic in a Makeover: WebMD Feature||Elizabeth Krieger, Associate Editor||Internet online, healthcare media publishing company||USA|
|Monster.com||Cosmetic Surgery for Career Advancement: Attractiveness at Work||Melanie Joy Douglas||Internet Series||USA|
|MSN Money (MoneyCentral.msn.com…)||Can Cosmetic Surgery Help Your Career||U.S. News & World Report||Internet Series||USA|
|P & O Actueel (Den Haag, Zuid Holland, Netherlands)||Plastische Chirurgie Verbetert Je Carrièreperspectieven||Staff writer||Internet Series||Netherlands|
|Relationships for Life (Health.VoiceAmerica.com…; RelationshipsforLife.net…), New York City||How Appearance Affects Success in Life, Career, and Relationships||Dr. Sabra Brock, Dr. Joseph Dooley||Podcast, 60 mins||USA|
|Smash the Ladder with Anita & Diane (blogtalkradio.com/AnitaBruzzese…)||Anita’s Interview of Patzer||Anita Bruzzese||Podcast, 30 mins||USA|
|ThirdAge.com||Beauty’s in Eye of the Hiring Boss||Dawn Anfuso||Internet newsletter||USA|
|Total Picture Radio, New York City (totalpicture.com…)||How Looks Determine Career Success: Unsettling Facts About the Impact of physical attractiveness in the Workplace||Peter Clayton||Podcast, 22 mins||USA|
|Zibb.nl (Maarssen, Netherlands)||Plastische Chirurgie Verbetert Carrièreperspectieven||Staff writer||Internet series||Netherlands|
Items Less Focused on Topic of Physical Attractiveness
|Business Wire: A Berkshire Hathaway Company (businesswire.com)||Hitsgalore.com Adds Advisory Board Member||Business Editors||Source for info “from companies and groups throughout the world.”||USA|
- Go to Page Top
- Scientific-Academic Media (incomplete listing)
- Scientific-academic researchers have recognized formally the published work of Dr. Patzer concerning physical attractiveness phenomenon. A sample (incomplete and needing update) of these recognitions as well Dr. Patzer’s respective scientific-academic publications (except for his published books listed elsewhere within this website) is organized in this “Scientific-Academic Media” section with sub-sections accordingly titled:
- Scientific-Academic Media — Scholarly Journals, in which Researchers cite Research Published by Gordon Patzer as the byline researcher-author.
- Scientific-Academic Media — Articles Published, in Scholarly Peer-Reviewed Research Journals with Gordon Patzer the byline researcher-author.
- Scientific-Academic Media — Papers Presented, at Professional Peer-Reviewed Conferences with Publication in the Conference Proceedings with Gordon Patzer the byline research-author.
- Scientific-Academic Media — Additional Miscellaneous Publications and Presentations with Gordon Patzer the byline research-author.
- Scientific-Academic Media — Scholarly Journals, in which Researchers cite Research Published by Gordon Patzer as the byline researcher-author.
- Work published by Gordon Patzer concerning physical attractiveness/physical attractiveness phenomenon has been noted and reviewed in scholarly journal articles published inside and outside the United States. His work is widely reviewed and formally referenced by hundreds of researchers and scholars in disciplines represented by periodicals ranging from Journal of General Psychology to Harvard Law Review to Journal of Marketing and Journal of Marketing Research. A representative incomplete listing of these scholarly journals range from:
- • Contemporary Psychology • Contemporary Sociology • Science (American Association for the Advancement of Science) • American Scientist • The Journal of Psychology • Journal of General Psychology • Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology • Journal of Applied Social Psychology • Basic and Applied Social Psychology • Sociology: The Journal of the British Sociological Association • L’ann ee Psychologique (France) • Physical Appearance and Gender: Sociobiological and Sociocultural Perspectives • Personality and Individual Differences • Zeitschrift fur Sozialpsychologie (Germany) • Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology • Marketing (Canada) • California Marketing…to the…
- • Journal of Marketing • European Journal of Marketing • Journal of Consumer Marketing • Journal of Marketing Research • Journal of Advertising •Journal of Advertising Research • Journal of Marketing Education • Psychology and Marketing • Journal of Management • Medical Group Management •Journal of Business Research • Journal of Business Ethics…to the…
- • Journal of Esthetic Dentistry • Clinics in Dermatology • The Cleft Palate Journal • Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery • Educational Research •Childhood Education • Advances in Clinical Child Psychology…to the…
- • Chronicle of Higher Education • Choice: Current Reviews for College Libraries • American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences • American Marketing Association Educators Conference • Association for Consumer Research • Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management…to the…
- • Business Information Alert • Public Relations Review • Book News Inc. Harvard Law Review.
- Go to Page Top
- Scientific-Academic Media — Articles Published, in Scholarly Peer-Reviewed Research Journals with Gordon Patzer as the byline researcher-author.
- “Psychologic and Sociologic Dimensions of Hair: An Aspect of The Physical Attractiveness Phenomenon” — (9 pages, sole author) — published inClinics in Dermatology (special edition titled, Androgenetic Alopecia: From Empiricism to Knowledge)
- “Source Credibility as a Function of Communicator Physical Attractiveness” — (13 pages, sole author) — published in Journal of Business Research
- “Improving Self-Esteem by Improving Physical Attractiveness” — (3 pages, sole author) — published in Journal of Esthetic Dentistry
- “Understanding the Causal Relationship Between Physical Attractiveness and Self-Esteem” — (4 pages, sole author) — published in Journal of Esthetic Dentistry
- “Self-Esteem and Physical Attractiveness” — (4 pages, sole author) — published in Journal of Esthetic Dentistry
- “Measurement of Physical Attractiveness: Truth-of-Consensus” — (4 pages, sole author) — published in Journal of Esthetic Dentistry
- “Reality of Physical Attractiveness” — (6 pages, sole author) — published in Journal of Esthetic Dentistry
- “A Cross-Cultural Investigation of the Ethical Values of Consumers: The Potential Effect of War and Civil Disruption” — (14 pages, co-author) — published in Journal of Business Ethics
- “Consumer Ethics in Cross Cultural Settings: Entrepreneurial Implications” — (17 pages, co-author) — published in European Journal of Marketing
- “Marketing the Mental Health Hospital: Identification of Communication Factors” — (24 pages, co-author) — published in Journal of Hospital Marketing
- “Uncontrollable Variables in Marketing the Medical Practice” — (3 pages, sole author) — published in Medical Group Management: Journal of the Medical Group Management Association
- “Affirmative Action vs. Client Wishes” — (4 pages, sole author) — published in Arthur Anderson & Co. Business Ethics Program: Cases with Teaching Notes
- “Another Type of Discrimination” — (5 pages, sole author) — published in Arthur Anderson & Co. Business Ethics Program: Cases with Teaching Notes
- “Falsification of Data” — (4 pages, sole author) — published in Arthur Anderson & Co. Business Ethics Program: Cases with Teaching Notes
- “Multiple Dimensions of Performance for 30-Second and 15-Second Television Commercials” — (8 pages, sole author) — published in Journal of Advertising Research
- “Establishing Cross-Disciplinary Marketing Education” — (6 pages, co-author) — published in Journal of Marketing Education
- “Domestic Demand is Ample, But Skoda Seeks Exports” and “Czech Carmaker is Overhauling Its Dated Product Line” — (2 pages, sole author) — published in Ward’s Automotive International: The Journal of the Global Industry (These two interrelated articles comprise the Sales & Marketing section in this issue.)
- “An Application of the Sociometric Method in Business” — (5 pages, sole author) — published in Psychology: A Journal of Human Behavior.
- Go to Page Top
- Scientific-Academic Media — Papers Presented, at Professional Peer-Reviewed Conferences with Publication in the Conference Proceedings with Gordon Patzer as the byline researcher-author.
- “Ethics of Marketing Strategy that Exploits and Promulgates The Physical Attractiveness Phenomena” — (5 pages, sole author) — published inAmerican Marketing Association: Educators’ Winter Conference Proceedings
- “Use of The Physical Attractiveness Phenomena in Political Campaigns: A Marketing Strategy and A Social Responsibility” — (6 pages, sole author) — published in American Marketing Association: Educators’ Winter Conference Proceedings
- “Product Perception as a Function of Communicator Sex” — (4 pages, sole author) — published in American Marketing Association: Educators’ Summer Conference Proceedings
- “An Experiment Investigating the Influence of Communicator Physical Attractiveness on Attitudes” — (5 pages, sole author) — published in American Marketing Association: Educators’ Summer Conference Proceedings
- “The Effectiveness of Female Nudity in Advertising” — (this scholarly article/paper received special recognition for reviewers’ number one ranking) (2 pages, sole author) — published in Western Marketing Educators’ Association: Conference Proceedings
- “A Comparison of Advertisement Effects: Sexy Female Communicator versus Non-Sexy Female Communicator” — (6 pages, sole author) — published in Advances in Consumer Research: Association for Consumer Research, Conference Proceedings
- “Business Education: Bridging the Ethics Gap Between University Classroom and Corporate Boardroom” — (8 pages, co-author) — published inInternational Business Practices: Contemporary Readings (Academy of Business Administration International Conference Proceedings, (London, England)
- “Effects of Odd-Even Pricing and Price Level on Judgments of Bargain and Quality” — (8 pages, sole author) — published in Academy of Business Administration International Conference Proceedings (London, England)
- “Ethics: An Integral Aspect of All Business Disciplines” — (5 pages, co-author) — published in Midwest Society for Case Research: Conference Proceedings
- “Advertising Research: Theoretical Models, Mechanical Aids, and General Principles” — (4 pages, sole author) — published in Southwestern Marketing Association: Conference Proceedings
- Go to Page Top
- Scientific-Academic Media — Additional Miscellaneous Publications and Presentations with Gordon Patzer as the byline researcher-author.
- “Correlates of Patients’ Satisfaction with Cosmetic Surgery Outcome” — (6 pages, co-author poster session without conference proceedings) — presented at American Psychological Society, Annual Convention
- “Thinking Outside the Mouth: Esthetic Dentistry and Physical Attractiveness Phenomenon” — (half-day presentation, annually for 7 years) — School of Dentistry, Loma Linda University, Los Angeles (Loma Linda, CA)
- “Hair and Physical Attractiveness” — (4 pages, sole author, Foreword section of research report for Unilever corporation headquarters in London and Rotterdam) – Sunsilk White Paper: Living in the Hair & Now
- “Psychological and Sociological Dimensions of Hair: An Aspect of The Physical Attractiveness Phenomenon” — (1 hour presentation, sole author, invited speaker, international medical conference sponsored by The Upjohn Company) – Androgenetic Alopecia: A Brook Lodge Symposium, Conference Center at Kalamazoo, MI
- “Physical Attractiveness” — (2 hour interview-presentation, video recorded for annual international corporate conference) — Redken Laboratories, Los Angeles
- “Physical Attractiveness Phenomenon and Marketing Strategy” — (2 day think-tank planning session, invited as an expert-participant for subsequent campaign with Dr. Joyce Brothers generating 250 million print and broadcast media impressions) — Cosmetic, Toiletry, and Fragrance Association, Washington, DC
- “Keynote Speaker: Physical Attractiveness Phenomenon” — (1 hour, sole author) – Physical Appearance Conference 2008 (PAC2008): Theory, Research, Perspectives, Realities, Delhi, India
- “Teeth, Oral Region, and Physical Attractiveness Phenomenon” — (1 hour interview-discussion) — Oral Care Division, Procter & Gamble Co., Cincinnati, OH
- “Skin Tone, Sun Tanning, and Physical Attractiveness Phenomenon” — (half-day interactive presentation) — Tanning Research Labs, Inc., Hawaiian Tropic Co.
- Judges Panel, Invited Participant/Member — Pageants at regional, state, and lower levels: Miss America, Miss USA, Miss Teen USA, Mrs. America, California state level of Miss Hawaiian Tropic international pageant, etc.
- “Research Claims that Beauty is Wallet-Deep” — (1 page, sole author) — published in Marketing News
- The Right Stuff: Marketing Research in the Movie Industry” — (monthly magazine regarding the Los Angeles advertising industry) (1 page, sole author) — published in Ad L.A.
- “Marketing the Movie Industry: Marketing research and positioning makes movies a big export business” — (1 page, sole author) — published in The University of Northern Iowa Magazine
- “Tips for Success” — (article about executive leadership, approaches, and practices, Daily newspaper: Sunday edition, Business section) (1 page-column, sole author) — published in San Bernardino County Sun
- “The Window Is Open: Mid-Year Economic Report” — (Southern California monthly magazine, Metro section) (3 pages, sole author) — published in Inland Empire Magazine
- “Don’t just weather the storm-capitalize on it!” — (lengthy feature article about economy and economic forecast, Southern California daily newspaper: Sunday edition, Business Section) (1/2 newspaper page, sole author) — published in San Bernardino County Sun
- Go to Page Top
- End-of-Page: Social Share Options & Leave Comment Form